Monday, March 31, 2008

Photo of the Day



I realized while sifting through old photos that while we were in Seagrove this past May, I did not once sit in the wet sand and let the waves crash over me. Now, I figure this is partly to blame for staying in North Florida in the middle of May. It had a tendency to be a bit chilly. But really, it's a pity that I didn't sit down next to Jon instead of stand back, snapping this picture.

I'll do better this year.

Although, now that he has a camera of his very own his obsession with photography is beginning to rival my own. So maybe, this year he'll just return the favor.

I should also mention another recent find....

Last year I made a photo book from Shutterfly of our trip. It was a free promotion that came with my camera. But I liked it so much I decided I should do one this year too. I never manage to scrapbook or save my photos for posterity in anyway, even though I go to the store and buy all of the supplies to do so.

So, this year I've been looking into the other photobook options. While I liked the one from Shutterfly it was very bright and ended up coming off a bit too sappy for my tastes. I found this site: Blurb

And immediately knew I'd found the one. I am in love with the simplicity of the books.

And I figure the sappy-ness of the last book I made lies in the quotes I chose. They were...oh there are no words. They were too much. Very unlike me. I don't know what I was thinking.

Which is why this year's book, I've decided, is going to feature quotes derived solely from "The National Lampoon" vacation films. Like these gems:

This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our godamn smiles.

or

Clark Griswald: Roy; can I call you Roy? Have you even driven your whole family cross-country?
Roy Walley: Oh, hell yes. Once I drove all of them to Florida. The smell coming out of the back seat was terrible.
Clark Griswald: I know that smell, Roy; but what if you had driven all that way and Florida was closed?
Roy Walley: Closed? Uh, they don't close Florida.

or

Clark: We're from out of town.
Man Giving Directions: No shit.

I mean, honestly, I think it'll make a classy piece of family memorabilia.

No comments: