Sunday, March 2, 2008

Granola!


granola 001
Originally uploaded by apsies
I made my own granola this weekend. After sorting through various recipes I ended up basing mine loosely on this one: http://workitmom.com/bloggers/orderingdisorder/2008/02/29/mom-on-the-run-oatmeal-breakfast-bars/

I used natural white flour, flaxseed meal, natural peanut butter, that Simply Orange Juice stuff, peanut butter chips, brown sugar, vanilla, oil, rolled oats and a little dash of cinnamon. Mix all together, put in pan of desired size for desired thickness and baked. Mine ended up with a chewy consistency, but I'm sure you could create crispier granola by baking a thinner layer.

At any rate, natural and delicious with no preservative crap or too much sugar. We loved it, and I'll definitely make it again!

No comments: